hydrafacial - what to do for best results
Hydrafacial is a deeply cleansing skin treatment that leaves your skin looking refreshed and luminous without down-time. While suitable for most skin types, its purpose is to renew the skin’s protective barrier which will temporarily leave your radiant new skin in a delicate state with possible normal after effects such as tingling sensations or a soft, reddish “glow”.
To maximize Hydrafacial’s benefits of brighter, smoother skin and to avoid more
serious effects, we recommend avoiding the following before and after your
3 months prior
- STOP USING any products containing Isotretinoin, such as ACCUTANE
2 weeks prior
- NO INVASIVE TREATMENTS such as IPL or micro-needling
- AVOID any medium or deep chemical peels and dermal fillers
1 wek prior
- NO BOTOX within (8) days of your HydraFacial
- BOTOX may be scheduled on the SAME DAY but AFTER HYDRAFACIAL
3 days prior
- NO TOPICALS with RETINOL or VITAMIN A or its derivatives for at least 72 hours before your treatment session.
- AVOID SUN EXPOSURE. During the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM, be sure to wear a broad spectrum sunscreen (SPF 35 or higher) and a hat. We suggest a UVA and UVB ray protection of 50+ for fairer skin.
- AVOID TANNING BEDS
2 days prior
- NO OTC acne medications containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- NO WAXING or use of depilatories.
- DO NOT EXFOLIATE or use products containing active enzymes or glycolic
what to do or avoid the day of your hydrafacial treatment
- WASH w/GENTLE CLEANSER- Our gentle oil-to-milk facial cleanser or a milky cleanser. AVOID active or foaming cleansers can irritate your skin after treatment.
- DO NOT SHAVE on the day of treatment. If you must shave, do not do so within three to four hours of your appointment.
- NO SAUNAS
You look amazing! To help minimize any sensitivities that may present after your
Hydrafacial, apply the following expert tips to your everyday care:
24 hours after treatment
- USE FEWER PRODUCTS. Let the serums and botanicals of our products maximize your treatment benefits and minimize any down-time.
- APPLY the products in our special *POST-FACIAL CARE package
- AVOID MAKE-UP. Your pores are still open and make-up can harbor bacteria leading to irritations or breakouts.
- DON’T PICK at SKIN. Flaking skin is a natural process and often follows deep cleaning. As the surface layer sloughs off, it reveals your new skin.
- HANDS OFF! Don’t pop that small whitehead and blackhead that may emerge while your skin is still detoxing. Keep your hands off if you want a flawless look. Even if the facial expert did some extractions, disrupting your skin any further might cause irritation.
- AVOID HEAT. Take a lukewarm shower or bath rather than a steaming hot one.
- NO SAUNAS
- SKIP TONER. You’ve just had a deep cleanse and your skin’s pH is balanced. Using toners can disrupt the balance of your skin’s microbiome. Alcohol-based toners or those with exfoliating agents may result in dryness and irritation
- SKIP THE GYM…for a day or two. Let your skin be calm and repair and your pores begin to close. Sweating will only add pollutants to your flawless face!